Morning Face Routine
Hey y’all! It is the first day of our summer beauty week. Every day this week I am going to release a beauty post. Today is the first post and we are going to talk all about the morning face routine. Skin care is something that has always been important to me but has become more important (if that is even possible) since I am getting older. I try to take as much care of my skin as I can but it can be difficult sometimes. Some days you just want to sleep in till 10am and throw your hair in a ponytail and run out the door – completely forgetting about cleansing, exfoliating & toning! Yes is can become quite a process but it is important if you want to take care of your skin.
First off, let me start by saying that the earlier you start with a great skin care routine, the better. It will pay off in the long run ladies! I remember my mother started me on moisturizers & exfoliators in high school and I was practically the only one of my friends who had a consistent routine. Now during the years I had to change up my products I have been using. I am now converting everything over to organic products & trying to avoid as many harmful chemicals as I can. So there are a few steps in my routine that are missing because I haven’t been able to find the “perfect” product just yet.
Typical Morning Routine
- Moisturizer/Day Cream
- Lip Balm
My Morning Face Routine
I try to keep my routine in the mornings as simple as I can. For example, if you can combine steps… do it! It will only make things easier in the long run.
- I always start off with a cleanser. When looking for a cleanser, find one that works best for you. What I use might not be perfect for your skin. If you have trouble with breakouts, then you might need an acne treated cleanser and if you don’t, then you could use something simple & gentle.
- I don’t exfoliate every day… it is more of a weekly thing for me.
- I am still trying to find the perfect toner. I haven’t found one that I really like yet (I am really picky with fragrance) so I am debating on making my own. Do any of y’all have any suggestions?
- I got the perfect serum in a birchbox & then I went online to purchase and saw the price – quo sad eyes. So this is another product I am still on the search for.
- I am seriously the queen of moisturizers/day creams & sunscreens. This is one aspect of my morning routine that I NEVER skip. In my opinion, I think that this step is most important. Again, you are going to want to find one that works best for you. I have to use a moisturizer with sunscreen because of my fair skin & I am always outside in the sun. Find something that you are comfortable in all day long that doesn’t cause any problems.
- I always finish off my routine with some lip balm. Burt’s Bees has always been a favorite of mine but I am always up for suggestions!
Tip: When looking for new products, I always look for something that contains aloe, cucumber or coconut. These are my 3 favorite ingredients for beauty products.
- Coola SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer – I love this moisturizer especially when I am at the beach. The cream goes on so smooth and feels light & fresh on your face. The cucumber fragrance is so light & clean smelling. It is definitely one of my favorites.
- Andalou Naturals – I use their cleanser right now and I love it. I found it at Whole Foods and decided to try it out. The coconut fragrance smells great and it leaves my skin feel quenched and refreshed. I am thinking about changing over to their Daily Defense Facial Lotion but haven’t made the switch yet.
- Avalon Organics – This is a new product that I am trying out. I just recently ordered the toner, serum & daily moisturizer to try out. I hope that I like it. I use their shampoo & conditioner and love it so I am hoping I like their skin products as well!
- Burt’s Bees – This will always be my favorite lip balm. I think I have maybe 10 different kinds all over my bathroom, bedroom & through my purses. They are always great to have in a pinch!
- Right now I am using a homemade toner (DIY coming later this week), a homemade serum (DIY coming later this week) & a homemade exfoliate (DIY coming later this week). I am not totally convinced so I ordered some new products to try out later this week.
Remember, it just takes a couple minutes a day to get a good morning face routine. Stick to what works best for you, your face & your budget. For more posts like this one, check out my Beauty Page. You can also check out my Summer Beauty Week for the perfect tips for this summer. Each day this week I will be posting something new so be sure to check it out!