Welcome to the second post for summer beauty week! This post is all about your evening face routine. If you have then any form of biology, you most likely know that our skin is the largest organ and one of the most important. Just think about it, our skin is the outermost defense against anything foreign that might disrupt the normal functions of the body. Keeping your skin healthy keeps the rest of the body health.
I wanted to put together a manageable evening routine that can keep your skin (and body) healthy as well as keep your skin from aging and looking as youthful as long as possible. This 7-step routine is extremely “do-able” if you are interested in a low-maintenance skin care regimen. Check it out…
Evening Face Routine
- Exfoliator (1-2x a week)
- Mask (1-2x a week)
- Moisturizer/Night Cream
- Oil (optional)
My Evening Face Routine
- I always start off with a cleanser. When looking for a cleanser, find one that works best for you. What I use might not be perfect for your skin. If you have trouble with breakouts, then you might need an acne treated cleanser and if you don’t, then you could use something simple & gentle. You basically want something strong enough to get off all the the “day” and gentle enough to not tear up your face.
- I don’t exfoliate every day… it is more of a weekly thing for me. Maybe consider once or twice a week.
- I am still trying to find the perfect toner. I haven’t found one that I really like yet (I am really picky with fragrance) so I am debating on making my own. Do any of y’all have any suggestions?
- I only use a mask about once a week. I really like the yes to tomatoes mask that I have. It helps control breakouts and gives me clear skin.
- I got the perfect serum in a birchbox & then I went online to purchase and saw the price – quo sad eyes. So this is another product I am still on the search for.
- After the serum, I always use a night cream. It is important to hydrate & replenish your skin after the day with a moisturizing cream.
- Finishing off with an oil is the last step to hydrating the skin at night before a good nights rest. This helps seal off all the routine so that my face can repair itself during the night while I am sleeping.
- ** I always finish off my routine with some lip balm. Burt’s Bees has always been a favorite of mine but I am always up for suggestions!
- Yes to Tomatoes – I really like this mask. I only use it once a week and it really helps control breakouts and keep my skin clear.
- Andalou Naturals – I use their cleanser right now and I love it. I found it at Whole Foods and decided to try it out. The coconut fragrance smells great and it leaves my skin feel quenched and refreshed. I also use their Luminous Night Cream for normal/combination skin.
- Avalon Organics – This is a new product that I am trying out. I just recently ordered the toner, serum & daily moisturizer to try out. I hope that I like it. I use their shampoo & conditioner and love it so I am hoping I like their skin products as well!
- Burt’s Bees – This will always be my favorite lip balm. I think I have maybe 10 different kinds all over my bathroom, bedroom & through my purses. They are always great to have in a pinch!
- Right now I am using a homemade toner (DIY coming later this week), a homemade serum (DIY coming later this week) & a homemade exfoliate (DIY coming later this week). I am not totally convinced so I ordered some new products to try out later this week.
- Edens Garden – I love using essential oils. Ever since I was diagnosed the cancer, I haven’t stopped using them. I love using lavender & sleep ease at night to help me sleep better.
- ** Burt’s Bees Cuticle Cream – I know it is not on my face but it is part of my evening routine. I always put on this cuticle cream every night before bed. I swear by it!
Remember, it just takes a couple minutes a night to get a good evening face routine in. Stick to what works best for you, your face & your budget. For more posts like this one, check out my Beauty Page. You can also check out my Summer Beauty Week for the perfect tips for this summer. Each day this week I will be posting something new so be sure to check it out!