I am a big believer in essential oils. I love all the different ways that you can use them. I have been using them on the regular for about 2 years now and I must say that I am hooked. If I have any issue from a headache to a stain on the carpet, I go to my essential oils.
Now essential oils have been around a lot longer than most realize. Many different cultures have been using them for thousands of years for medicinal and heath purposes. Essential oils can be uses for aromatherapy, household cleaning products, personal beauty care and natural medicine treatments.
One of the main reasons I love essential oils so much is because they act as natural medicine without any side effects. They are also a great alternative to any harsh cleaning product.
My Favorite Essential Oils
- Lavender | This is probably my favorite & most used essential oil. It is great for reducing anxiety and stress & also helps with getting a sound sleep at night. If I am every stressed or having a hard time sleeping, I dap a bit of lavender on my chest (so I can smell it easily) or put some on a cotton swab and keep it near you.
- Frankincense | When I was diagnosed with cancer, this was the #1 essential oil for my diagnosis. It is also great to diffuse when meditating or praying.
- Peppermint | Peppermint essential oil is not only great when baking (Homemade Peppermint Patties) but also great when you have a headache and want a quick, natural fix.
- Lemon | Lemon is probably my favorite essential oil when converting cleaning products. As an all-purpose cleaner, I mix lemon, tea tree oil & warm water, and it cleans almost every surface.
- Tea Tree | To freshen up a smelly trash can, put a cotton ball with two drops each of lemon oil and tea tree oil at the bottom of the trashcan to help decrease the odor and detoxify. It is great for bathrooms & kitchens and gives a clean smell.
- Eucalyptus | Whenever I have a cold or any sinus problem, I constantly use this essential oil. Eucalyptus oil is known for its powerful ability to fight coughs and open airways. Add a few drops into steaming hot water or diffuser. Inhale to help clear nasal passage. I also add a drop of eucalyptus to coconut oil and rub on my chest for congestion – it is basically homemade vapor rub!
- Cinnamon | If you have crazy cravings like I do, I love cinnamon for this reason. I usually inhale peppermint and cinnamon oil to reduce your appetite and balance blood sugar.
My Favorite Brands
Thank you so much for reading this post. For more tips like this one, check out my Lifestyle page! I have plenty of other lifestyle tips like this one there.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor nor am I in the medical field. This information is not intended for medical advice. Please take caution when using anything for your health and consult your physician if you have any questions.