Anyone else have the travel bug? I just got back from a work trip to Atlanta, Georgia and I really got the bug to start traveling again. Going to new cities is so much fun! It is like you get to explore a whole new world with new people and new sites to see.
Atlanta is a super fun place for me to travel to. Not only does my best friend live there, but there is so much to do! Literally… you have something to do all day, every day.
So needless to say, going to Atlanta even for just a couple days was a bunch of fun! Now I have been there before… many times actually and there is A LOT to do here. Even if you have been there a couple times. The city is MASSIVE and the traffic is crazy. So you are going to want to take all of that into consideration.
Let’s get down to the details… Here is your travel guide for Atlanta GA
So for this travel guide, I decided to break it up for you. Below are a couple of tips, things to do and restaurants. Check them out below!
Tips for Atlanta GA:
- Avoid the highways at rush hour
- If you can, avoid the busy times at restaurants
- If you find a parking spot, take it! (even if you have to walk a bit)
- Take an uber around town
- Be aware of events & where they are taking place
THINGs TO DO ATLANTA GA:
- Georgia Aquarium
- Sporting Events
- (MLB) Braves
- The Braves have a new stadium and it is awesome! This is definitely a site you will want to visit.
- (NFL) Falcons
- The Falcons are in the process is building a new stadium so by the time that the 2017-2018 season rolls around, the stadium will be fully functional. By the look of the plans, it will be gorgeous!
- (NBA) Hawks
- (WNBA) Dream
- (MLS) United
- (MLB) Braves
- Ponce City Market
- Fox Theater
- Festivals & Concerts
yes… I am wearing a pirates shirt. the braves were playing the pirates when I was in town so of course I had to go!
RESTAURANTS IN ATLANTA GA:
- Fat Matt’s Rib Shack
- Gordon Biersch
- Cypress Street Pine & Plate
- Sweet Auburn Barbeque
- Flip Burger
- Thumb’s Up Diner